First of all a short description of what’s phonegap:
PhoneGap is an open source implementation of open standards. That means developers and companies can use PhoneGap for mobile applications that are free, commercial, open source, or any combination of these.
During this blog I’ll be showing mostly the main things you should be knowing when you start working with PhoneGap.
So what I’ll be talking about will be:
- Importing some of the libraries that you will need…
- How to make your application go Full Screen in Phonegap
- How to add a Splash Screen and give it a (delay time)
- How to create a basic menu with quit and reload function.
- How to change the application icon instead of the default android one.
- Where to put some specific lines for the code to work properly.
- Make app compatible with older versions of Android.
OK, first of all you have to set up your environment for android developement as you have to follow the guide provided from phonegap here. Continue reading “Getting started with PhoneGap for Android”